At CCEM Strategies, we hold the emergency and continuity management industry to the highest standard. We deliver first-in-class programs and offer technical expertise to our clients in a variety of sectors and industries.
With compassion and a deep understanding of the issues and challenges impacting our clients and communities, we provide real solutions that enable industries, government and communities to respond and recover promptly, enhancing the resilience of businesses and communities.
Our success has created increasingly diverse opportunities and growth for both our business and our valued team members.
Are you looking to apply your business continuity and emergency management expertise in a way that really makes an impact? If you care deeply about community resilience and want to help companies and communities "raise the bar" in emergency and continuity management, then we may have the perfect fit for you.
We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented leader to join our team as an Business Continuity Specialist.
As a leader within our team of driven professionals, you will deliver customized, innovative and comprehensive continuity and emergency management solutions to CCEM’s clients in public and private sector industries.
You are a planner, facilitator, and exceptional communicator. As Business Continuity Specialist, you’ll use your extensive expertise and client relations skills to build trust with clients and deliver programs, plans, training, exercises and other solutions to help them prepare for, respond to and recover from incidents.
What you’ll do
- Provide expert guidance to clients on business continuity and emergency management industry standards, best practices and regulations;
- Perform reviews and assessments of emergency and continuity programs across a wide range of private and public organizations;
- Conduct gap analyses against industry standards (CSAZ1600, ISO22301) and/or regulation;
- Design and support implementation of comprehensive emergency and continuity management programs, in accordance with industry standards, best practices and regulations;
- Coordinate and conduct business impact analyses; identify and analyze critical business processes; develop and document strategies and workarounds;
- Develop and enhance complex, customized business continuity plans for clients under various jurisdictions and authorities;
- Deliver tailored business continuity management approaches and methodologies for clients; develop processes, tools and guidelines aligned to relevant industry standards (CSAZ1600, ISO22301, ISO31000) and best practices to ensure effective and resilient enterprise-wide business continuity capabilities;
- Design and facilitate business continuity training, workshops and operational, functional response exercises. Prepare timely reports to accurately reflect the outcome of exercises and learnings to drive continuous improvement for clients;
- Facilitate post-event debriefs with clients;
- Implement effective project management strategies and approaches;
- Contribute to efficient ongoing project management and ensure successful execution and completion of both small and large-scale projects;
- Perform technical writing functions that includes editing programs, plans and reports, and writing at the appropriate level for the target audience;
- Mentor emerging professionals, share knowledge and lead by example; modelling CCEM’s values: Excellence, Enhancement, Client Focus and Care;
- Support proposal development for current and potential clients;
- Travel as required, including to client sites and/or to participate in training and exercises.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business Continuity, Emergency Management, or related field, and 3-5 years’ directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Professional designation of ABCP or CBCP or similar;
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in business continuity, emergency management, stakeholder engagement, communication and project management to provide high level consulting services;
- Knowledge of business continuity standards and best practices (i.e. CSAZ1600, ISO22301, BCEMS, ICS, etc.) Certified ISO 22301 Implementor an asset;
- Project management experience with a demonstrated ability to manage complex projects effectively (set clear goals, identify roadblocks, design solutions, and track progress against deadlines);
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, think critically, make recommendations;
- Ability to engage collaboratively and effectively with internal and external teams, clients and other associated stakeholders;
- Proficient and efficient using all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe suite;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in English, including excellent writing skills, grammar, punctuation and spelling;
- Ability to carry out detailed and sometimes involved instructions in written and oral form;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with engaged and highly motivated clients;
- Ability to prioritize and successfully support multiple projects and adapt to changing work priorities;
- Models all CCEM values, including Excellence, Enhancement, Client Focus and Care;
- A current Criminal Record Check must be provided by successful candidate.
What we offer
- Full-time employment (40 hours per week) with flexible work hours.
- A competitive compensation package that rewards both efforts and results.
- Comprehensive benefits program:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Company RRSP matching program
- Opportunities for professional development, both on and off the job; annual professional development stipend.
- Employee referral incentive.
- A hybrid work model that combines remote work with time working from our collaborative, open-concept office space in beautiful downtown Vancouver, BC.
Established in 2015, CCEM is a Vancouver-based consulting firm providing emergency management and business continuity services to a diverse portfolio of clients in the private and public sectors, including (but not limited to) government, oil and gas, transportation and logistics, and healthcare. CCEM’s expertise and strategic approach helps our clients build resilience, mitigate risk, and effectively manage emergencies. Emergency management and business continuity solutions provided by CCEM include (but are not limited to) analysis and assessments, program planning and enhancements, exercises and training, and engagement and facilitation. For more information about our services, please visit www.ccemstrategies.com.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be challenged, develop your expertise, grow your career and have some fun along the way, then we want to hear from you!